This morning I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm clock was set to go off. Booo! I guess I was anxious and excited to see how things were going to go? I dunno. I just know that I got up and was wide awake before the alarm and before the kids even started stirring. Awesome.
So, I got to the gym a few minutes early expecting to ease into a nice warm up, but my trainer was ready to go so we went ahead and got started. I doubt I'll ever complain about getting started on my workouts early since I've got so much to cram into my morning to be able to make it in to work on time.
I was told it was only the warm up, but it sure enough felt like the start of a workout! I had been working primarily on my cardio for the past several workouts on my own, so no weights involved except for during classes. Even at that, I can't remember when I took classes regularly...
We started out with a few sit-ups and back extensions. During the second set of sit-ups I did, I was already wondering what I had agreed to. I'd say it was because I was scared, but I'd totally be lying. After having three kids and three c-sections (meaning I've had my lower abdominal muscles cut through three separate times), my core is my most difficult body part to strengthen.
With most things I'm not good at, I push through them until I AM good at them. Period. So, Legs? Beat 'em up! Arms? Let's go! Back? Yes, please! But Abs? I seriously just want to give up before I even get started! Ugh.
Yes, I KNOW that it's all for the greater good, BUT given the choice to work abs or any other body part? I'll pick the other body part each and every time, doesn't matter what it is. So, right off the bat I can see that working with a personal trainer is going to force me to work muscles I don't like to work.
We did a bit of abs/core work, legs, back, and chest. Due to the type of workout I was put through, I actually did cardio work without ever stepping foot on a treadmill, bike, or elliptical. So for those of you who don't like to do cardio, there you go! At the end of the workout I was nearly out of breath as if I had been for a run, so I walked for a few minutes on the treadmill to cool down. Then it was over. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes. Yet another perk of personal training is that if you've got a busy schedule, you're guaranteed to get in a good workout in a short period of time.
My 'before' pictures have been taken. I have my current measurements. Not sure if I really want to share those or not, though I do have them if I chose to share them... I'm not really concerned with the numbers as much as I am concerned with making changes. I DO know that my quads are already super tired, so I know that either tomorrow or Wednesday is going to be pretty rough and I'll likely have a bit of difficulty using the restroom... (TMI?)
Tomorrow, assuming I can walk, I plan on doing some cardio. I'll keep you posted!
In Health,
Amber
So, I got to the gym a few minutes early expecting to ease into a nice warm up, but my trainer was ready to go so we went ahead and got started. I doubt I'll ever complain about getting started on my workouts early since I've got so much to cram into my morning to be able to make it in to work on time.
I was told it was only the warm up, but it sure enough felt like the start of a workout! I had been working primarily on my cardio for the past several workouts on my own, so no weights involved except for during classes. Even at that, I can't remember when I took classes regularly...
We started out with a few sit-ups and back extensions. During the second set of sit-ups I did, I was already wondering what I had agreed to. I'd say it was because I was scared, but I'd totally be lying. After having three kids and three c-sections (meaning I've had my lower abdominal muscles cut through three separate times), my core is my most difficult body part to strengthen.
With most things I'm not good at, I push through them until I AM good at them. Period. So, Legs? Beat 'em up! Arms? Let's go! Back? Yes, please! But Abs? I seriously just want to give up before I even get started! Ugh.
Yes, I KNOW that it's all for the greater good, BUT given the choice to work abs or any other body part? I'll pick the other body part each and every time, doesn't matter what it is. So, right off the bat I can see that working with a personal trainer is going to force me to work muscles I don't like to work.
We did a bit of abs/core work, legs, back, and chest. Due to the type of workout I was put through, I actually did cardio work without ever stepping foot on a treadmill, bike, or elliptical. So for those of you who don't like to do cardio, there you go! At the end of the workout I was nearly out of breath as if I had been for a run, so I walked for a few minutes on the treadmill to cool down. Then it was over. I was in and out in less than 45 minutes. Yet another perk of personal training is that if you've got a busy schedule, you're guaranteed to get in a good workout in a short period of time.
My 'before' pictures have been taken. I have my current measurements. Not sure if I really want to share those or not, though I do have them if I chose to share them... I'm not really concerned with the numbers as much as I am concerned with making changes. I DO know that my quads are already super tired, so I know that either tomorrow or Wednesday is going to be pretty rough and I'll likely have a bit of difficulty using the restroom... (TMI?)
Tomorrow, assuming I can walk, I plan on doing some cardio. I'll keep you posted!
In Health,
Amber
1 comment:
Sounds like fun! Seriously. I know what you mean about not posting pics. I have some informal "before" pics but it's the pic that drove me to make a change. But I'm not posting till the end of my 6 month personal challenge.
Post a Comment