Monday, February 18, 2013

Let the fun begin!

Let me start by first welcoming you here!  I only plan on tracking here for the next 30 days, but depending on how the personal training goes, I may continue on afterward.  We'll play that by ear.

So, a quick background on me?  I've been working out off and on for the better part of 15 years.  I was introduced to running by a cousin of mine that was in the military and had come to our house for a week-long visit one summer.  At first it was hard, but I continued with it after he left and quickly became hooked!  I continued running until I started dating a guy who was into weightlifting.  I ended up joining the gym where he was a member and would hit the weights with him before I went to work.  I've been into weight training ever since.

I have taken breaks here and there over the years when I simply did not take time for myself nor did I make time for myself like I used to.  Frankly, I was just busy taking care of everyone else and didn't make myself a priority.

Now that I'm the general manager of a health club and I'm at the gym pretty much all day long, you would think that I could workout all day long if I wanted to, right?  That's a big NEGATIVE!  I still have to work so, just like everyone else, I workout as my schedule allows.  This means that I have a small window of time after the kids get on the bus and before I have to actually be at work.  I understand that not everyone can workout before work, but it works for me.

Why do I workout?  I workout for the health benefits--primarily stress relief--but it doesn't hurt that it also allows me the flexibility to not have to live off of 'rabbit food'.  (What can I say, I like to eat!)

I would imagine that you are wondering how all of this came about, huh?  First off, no, it wasn't my idea.  During a manager's meeting about two weeks ago, I was assigned the task of working out with a personal trainer for the next 30 days.  The owner thought it would be a good idea to have a personal understanding of the differences and benefits of working out on my own versus working out with an experienced trainer, and I totally agree!  I've been so busy since my trip to Chicago last year (then it was the holidays, then the flu) that I've really not focused on what I know I should be focusing on.  So, on a personal level, I'm curious to see what kind of changes I can make in 30 days if I really focus on what I'm doing by training and eating appropriately.

Anyway, I'll be meeting with three different trainers once a week, so I'll be doing personal training (or "PT" for short), three times a week.  Terrible, right?!  Haha!

I'll be blogging here in an attempt to give you an insight into what's going on, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments.  I hope you find this to be helpful!

In Health,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment